Automation: Email dispatch with Siemens WinCC (TLS 1.1 and 1.2)
Due to the Internet providers’ changeover to new encryptions (TLS 1.1 and 1.2) in e-mail traffic, sending e-mails no longer worked in many older WinCC projects. The solution is to replace the existing old CDO.Message module CDOSYS (Collaboration Data Objects for Windows 2000). The implementation was carried out via a new COM object, which is integrated in WinCC via Visual Basic.
- Email dispatch with up-to-date encryption with WinCC
- Reusable module as COM object
- Continue using existing WinCC project
- Integrated in WinCC
- Use of standard libs (System.Net.Mail and libcurl/smtp)
- Integration via ANSI C or VB from WinCC